Thursday 11 October 2018

HND Project Update

HND Project Ideas Update:

1. Sci-fi (The Experiment)

Update 1: This is 1 of 2 project ideas that I’m considering. I personally love the plot and I feel the story could be very good. I also like how I could change it up a little as I go on as it’s a sci-fi game.

Update 2: My reason for not doing this project is that I want to focus on a game which id enjoy but also learn the important aspects of a game that I would want to make in the future. I also feel it’s one of those games that could go horribly wrong if it doesn’t work out. Also having the experience that when I created an action/adventure game with a group we still struggled for time. Which shows me I wouldn’t be able to finish this project.

2. Horror/thriller (The 5 Tales) - My final project idea 

Update 1: I have narrowed it down to 1 of 2 project idea.

I have decided to narrow down the levels by 4:
The house
The circus
The forest
The school

The reason behind this is I feel having to make 5 individual different stories would be too much. I chose these levels as the house and school could have similar props that I could create making it easier. The forest would be an easy one due to me not needing to use Maya much. For the circus I’m either considering it to be indoors so I don’t have to spend a long time on the environment, plus I could take some “killer klown” props for the environment.

Update 2: I have chosen this as my project. My main reason is I would love to make a game that involves puzzles/riddles that will tell you a story. I know I also get bored very quick so having 4 different small stories to tell would be fun for me to do. It would also give me the chance to focus more of my creative side, than just code.

3. The killer klowns game add on/remaster

Update 1: I will not be designing the killer klowns game due to the many problems I feel the game had. With what I had in mind, I would have removed most of the game and I realised that I would be basically designing a brand new game. It’s also been a long time since I designed the game so the code would be very hard to understand or even locate. I do think it was a cool idea, but it was going to be too easy (if I left the game how it was) or too hard (recreating it from scratch).

4. A mixed 2D and 3D platform game

Update 2: I will not design this game for my project due to it being a genre that I would have no passion doing. It’s neither a game I would enjoy playing or designing. I also feel it could be too easy for a final project as i already know how platform games are made.

5. A game you can make choices

Update 1: I do like this idea as a project but I need to be honest with myself on the fact I wouldn’t know where to start. I’m aware that the game would rely heavily on code rather than design, which I know i'm better at. I would honestly love to make a game like this but realistically wouldn't know what to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment