Thursday 11 October 2018

My final HND Project Specification

Project Specification 

The Project: Named "The 4 Tales"
(UNREAL ENGINE GAME)
5 HORROR LEVELS EACH WITH A DIFFERENT STORY AND PLOT

Influence: The game “Affected”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlvPcaMzpzY

I like how this game has focused on the stereotypical (scary) environments that aim to scare you. I like how each one focuses on something slightly different from the other.
What I would like to do is give each of my levels more of a story that the player can get hooked on while still making the game scary.
I also want the levels to have reasonable playing time which doesn’t make people choose the next level straight after. I would like to aim for a good story and a scare factor.
The reason I would like to do a game like this is because I’m into horror games, I like how people can react to them and you can clearly see if the game is good or not.

Game type: Story teller
Genre: Horror/puzzle

This game will have 5 different horror stories and environments that are stereotypical.
The House  – You’re a kid and home alone, you hear a suspicious noise and go to investigate. You notice a creepy old doll that you’ve never seen before with foot prints leading to the basement. As the kid you can explore the house and find out the dark secrets the house holds. The more you find out the angrier the doll gets... make sure you find out all the secrets before its to late.

Abandoned building level 2 – its mid night and you’re working as a security guard Update 1. Removed

The Forest – you have decided to go camping and you’ve ended up getting lost. A whisper in the woods tell you to collect the mysterious objects. Another whisper tells you to leave the forest which one will you choose.
The forest has two similar choices of gameplay (Collect or Escape). In which both are avoiding the enemy.

The School – you decided to do extra hours of work after school when you’ve noticed no one’s around. While walking around the school you notice strange appearances and whispers about a girl who use to go there. Find out what must be done in order to stay alive 
Objective (Wake up) - interact with loud objects around the school

The Theme Park  – You’ve received an invitation to go to an old theme park which all your friends are going. When you get there no one is around and you’re on your own. When suddenly you hear a scream and go to investigate.
Objective: Locate your friends, without alerting the crazy clown.

Who's doing it?
I will be working by myself while making this project. I will get no help and all the work will be mine.

Target Audience?
The target audience is gamers aged around 15+ due to the game having some horror aspects. The game wont have to much graphic content which is why its not 18.

Sketches:
Each level will have a character that the player will try and avoid. The characters will have some link to the story which will make them unique in there own way.

The environments are stereotypical horror environments:
The House
The Forest
The Circus
The School

Each environment will be unique and large, with the task of finding objects or a way out.

Why am I doing this project?
I'm doing this project as I feel that i'm able to show my creativity in writing and designing. I love horror/puzzle games that have some story behind them. I wanted to create a game where the genre is something i'm passionate about. It will also give me the skills I would want to make future games like it.
One of my favourite genres is horror, so to make one would be a lot of fun and interesting to make. I’ve always liked the reaction people give when playing a horror and I feel it’s the best genre for a reaction. 

Time scale




















No comments:

Post a Comment